Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rest and Relaxation


When's the last time you had a nice long nap in the middle of the afternoon, resting between cool, crisp sheets, not having to keep one ear out for the goings on of the house, just some pure and simple R and R?

Sigh... I can't remember either.

As I was doing my dishes this morning our neighbourhood cat came and sat on our porch railing and had himself some R and R. He's actually the neighbour's cat, but he seems to have adopted the entire neighbourhood as his own. When the door is open he will march into the house, stroll about, say hello and march back out again. He loves to come play in the yard when the kids are out there or when someone's working in the garden. I've never met such a sociable cat!

He also loves being a hunter and spends his nights imagining he's a cougar in the wild or a lion on the savannah, creeping and pouncing about. But in the morning, usually around 7 am, he'll come hop onto our porch railing, curl up with his back against the post and have himself a good restful snooze. He always looks like he's smiling during these naps.

I'd be smiling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment